15 May Why you should start thinking about your personal brand
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. That’s what they say, and it’s true isn’t it?
Whether you have a a business meeting or a date, the first thing most of us do these days, is Google the other person or look them up on social media. So, developing a Personal Brand is becoming more important.
Here’s some stats that prove just how important your own personal brand is these days:
• 70% of employers use social media to screen candidates
• 4 out of 5 people use Linked In to drive their business decisions
• 82% of customers trust a company when their senior management are active on social media
• 77% of all brand conversations on social media are people looking for advice, information or help.
• Employees have 10x more followers than their corporate social media accounts.
If you’re a marketer, you can no longer ignore the importance of personal branding, and here are some reasons why you’ll benefit:
1. You’ll become more relatable – people buy people, they’ll feel like they know you before you’ve even met
2. You’ll build trust and credibility – showcase your knowledge, giving people confidence before doing business with you
3. You’ll build relationships without having to speak to people one on one
4. You’re in control of what you put out there – you can create the content and the brand you want
5. You can reach a wider audience
6. You’ll create more opportunities – once you start to create a brand you start to sell yourself without realising it
So, if you’re a brand that’s concerned about allowing their staff to create their own content and their own ‘personal brands’, there are plenty of benefits. The benefits far outweigh the risks, so maybe it’s time to have a re-think.